jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

What is the true meaning of fate?

1. SapphireGreen93 profile image61
    SapphireGreen93posted 6 years ago

What is  the true meaning of fate?

2. terrektwo profile image84
    terrektwoposted 6 years ago

What is going to happen no matter what we do. Some say that fate can't be written in stone but there are things we know are like that everyone will eventually die.

3. SapphireGreen93 profile image61
    SapphireGreen93posted 6 years ago

yes i totally agree. i was having a conversation with someone last night as far as how the slightest thing can change or alter fate.

4. cbl2988 profile image60
    cbl2988posted 6 years ago

From Merriam-Webster:

Fate- :
    1: the will or principle or determining cause by which things in general are believed to come to be as they are or events to happen as they do : destiny
    2a : an inevitable and often adverse outcome, condition, or end
      b : disaster; especially : death
    3a : final outcome
      b : the expected result of normal development
    c : the circumstances that befall someone or something
    4: plural capitalized : the three goddesses who determine the course of human life in classical mythology

That should do it.

5. HattieMattieMae profile image59
    HattieMattieMaeposted 6 years ago

I think fate is something we choose by the choices we make. Fate only becomes what we truly believe about ourselves and the world outside of us. We always have control over the situation. You could say if we choose to use drugs our fate is to be a drug addict, but if we choose not to we are not an addict.
    That is one example as well as if we are married we can both choose to get help and work on the relationship. Or get a divorce. Fate is only the outcome of the situation you choose in the moment. We are never fated an ill way of living. Even if we are sick with Cancer we have choice for health care, or the way we live joyfully, blissfully, or depressed and moody. Fortunately the only fate that is certain and guaranteed in life is some day we will die from some cause, or naturally.

working