jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)

What is the true meaning of passion?

1. BakerRambles profile image85
    BakerRamblesposted 6 years ago

What is the true meaning of passion?

2. Astra Nomik profile image41
    Astra Nomikposted 6 years ago

Passion is speaking with your whole heart. Speaking with every part of yourself. You can't fake passion.

3. Cara.R profile image76
    Cara.Rposted 6 years ago

The true meaning of passion. I get passionate just thinking about it.
    It's being in the moment and letting it wrap around you.
    It's being so alive life can't get any better.
    Passion is motivation, inspiration and an undying vigilance.
    It's creativity,imagination and patience.
    It's strong yet soft, it whispers and yells.
    It sees into you and with its eyes and absorbs all of you.
    The true meaning of passion:  Anything can happen.

4. profile image0
    Indigitalposted 6 years ago

Passion is a love of something. It's an excessive term that allows you to bask in a event; in a sport; in a women, man, dog, car. Passion gives you that drive, that determination to exceed.

5. Sue Bond profile image73
    Sue Bondposted 6 years ago

If you look in the Merriam-Webster dictionary, the origin of the word passion is Middle English/Late Latin and means "suffering" and "being acted upon." 

If I was to assume that passion = doing something you love.... it makes sense that:

If you were to study someone following their passion, for example, and you asked them why that passion - I'm thinking their answer could be distilled down to an urge they can't control.  That something is driving them or pulling them toward this love.  In other words - they are "being acted upon" by something. 

As for the suffering part...  I guess we'd have to look at suffering in a different context.  Do we suffer, as in hurt, when we do what we love?  Not really sure how that fits in...

6. juiwei2000 profile image62
    juiwei2000posted 6 years ago

passion is lust, so pure passion is pure and intense lust

7. Admiral Murrah profile image71
    Admiral Murrahposted 5 years ago

An overview of the word passion including the etymological history of the word and how it has changed over time. read more

8. slackermom profile image76
    slackermomposted 5 years ago

The true meaning of passion is not always the romantic kind. It can be in a expressed in many forms. read more

9. profile image0
    VeronicaInspiresposted 5 years ago

I think passion is an intense desire, feeling and love for something. It's a burning in your belly. Something you think about day-in and day-out. It's when you put all your energy and focus into that thing. It's more than a liking; it's an enthusiasm you ALWAYS feel and is your wanting to put your entire mind, body and soul into that thing.