jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

with only a few days left till Christmas, how do I get into the spirit of the se

1. mistywild profile image61
    mistywildposted 8 years ago

with only a few days left till Christmas, how do I get into the spirit of the season?

This is the first year I have had this problem. I'm usually the first to put up lights and my tree, but this year I feel like Scrooge.

2. profile image44
    claudiamartin96posted 8 years ago

go out to a play or hang decore with the family do something christmassy with your family.

3. Miss Know-It-All profile image55
    Miss Know-It-Allposted 8 years ago

I don't celebrate christmas on the 25th but instead in January because I am orthodox and we follow the old calendar. I've been having a really tough time getting into the spirit as well because I don't like the whole gifts part of it all,  but each year I HAVE to go and buy people presents...lol...Today my fiance and I baked cookies, we like to drive around our neighbourhood and look at all the christmas lights and rate them lol...Also I actually like going to the mall around christmas time because people look really happy. At night try finding parks that do lights, it's beautiful big_smile

4. Jersey Jess profile image57
    Jersey Jessposted 8 years ago

Decorate with your family! Put up the lights outside, bake cookies, crank the heat up! Visit relatives, buy presents! Set up a Christmas tree, buy a wreath, go to the mall! There's Santa at the mall! big_smile And crazy amounts of shoppers, and a tree most likely! Hang mistletoe in your house and invite over that special someone, make a gingerbread house, buy candy canes! Plan a Christmas party and send out festive invitations, send emails to old friends wishing them a Merry Christmas! It'll get you in the spirit! Best wishes!

5. dabeaner profile image56
    dabeanerposted 8 years ago

Get a toy train electric train.  NOT one of those stupid wooden Thomas whatevers.  Set it up around the tree.
    http://hubpages.com/hub/where-are-all-t … train-sets

BTW, celebrating Xmas is perfectly OK for atheists, agnostics, people of other religions, as Xmas is just an ancient pagan holiday appropriated by the Xtians.

working