jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Should the date of the 9/11 become a holiday (like Veteran's Day and Memorial Da

1. cindybarrymore profile image60
    cindybarrymoreposted 7 years ago

Should the date of the 9/11 become a holiday (like Veteran's Day and Memorial Day)?

If yes, should it be a federal or state holiday?

2. justom profile image68
    justomposted 7 years ago

Absolutely NOT. How could anyone justify that?

3. aperturering profile image81
    apertureringposted 7 years ago

It should be a day of remembrance, just like Pearl Harbor Day. But not a federal holiday.

4. brandonfan profile image56
    brandonfanposted 7 years ago

A holiday is considered a day of celebration, why should we celebrate such a tragedy? No way! Maybe like aperturering said, a day of remembrance would be a lot more appropriate.

5. RedElf profile image88
    RedElfposted 7 years ago

I'm with aperturering and bransonfan - by all means make it an American day of remembrance, like December 7th.

6. Chasia profile image57
    Chasiaposted 6 years ago

I think that 911 should certainly be remembered one day of the year in a special prayer service for all religions.  It was a tragic happening of deceit and defiance and a show of what taliban is all about--terrorism, terrorism, and more terrorism-=---back to the wanton killings of the middle ages and no understanding for life and love of another person or for the brotherhood of another man.  Chasia.

7. azure_sky profile image60
    azure_skyposted 6 years ago

I don't think it should ever be considered a Holiday either...but yes, a "Day of Remembrance" such as Pearl Harbor Day is. Generations to come need to be reminded of what happened on that day, just as we always pause and reflect on Pearl Harbor Day and the devastation that occurred there. This is not something that needs to be "swept" under the rug.....

working