jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (13 posts)

Is the Memorial of Jesus' death vital for us to celebrate?

1. Angelladywriter profile image82
    Angelladywriterposted 3 years ago

The most important date for Christians to acknowlege was stated by Jesus, the night before he was put to death. Notice how Luke 22:19 lovingly express the importance of this date as Jesus requested that we should, "Keep doing this in remembrance of me."  Millions will be celebrating the anniversary of Jesus' death on Monday, April 14, 2014. Will you try to be present for this important date?

1. wilderness profile image96
      wildernessposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I will be alive, yes.  I will not be celebrating the torture and murder of anyone, and specifically not accepting a made up date as the anniversary of such action.

Angelladywriterposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Sorry that you have no clear understanding of what the Bible is talking about concerning the importance of Jesus' death and sacrifice.

He wasn't tortured?  And effectively murdered by God's chosen people?  It isn't a made up date - we actually know the correct date of his (supposed) death? 

But what "sacrifice" was made - did he not get leave to depart this veil of tears and exchange it for a place in heaven?

2. Righteous Atheist profile image61
      Righteous Atheistposted 3 years ago in reply to this

You do know Jesus wasn't a real person and was not put to death - right? wink

How sad. I will definitely keep you in my prayers.

1. Righteous Atheist profile image61
          Righteous Atheistposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Whatever makes you feel superior. wink

3. Alphapx profile image70
      Alphapxposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Memory is one of the best gifts that God gave us. The memorial of Jesus is very important to us to remember His suffering for you and me and to all humanity born or not yet here on earth.

2. kimsrob profile image60
    kimsrobposted 3 years ago

Yes we will.Hopefully 14th of April will be Nisan the 14th!Thank you very much for the reminder!

3. Angelladywriter profile image82
    Angelladywriterposted 3 years ago

Thanks for your response.  Now we must continue to spread the word about the importance of this date.

I think you will find that Christians already know the importance the church has assigned to it, and no one assigns any at all because they don't care.

No need, then, to spread the word further unless you are planning to include an easter egg hunt around that time, recognizing the contributions of Ishtar.

Interesting response. I will keep you in my prayers.

Interesting.  Does that mean you will pause in the evangelizing to give a little thought about who you are talking to and why?

working