Why do you enjoy Halloween?

1. ethel smith profile image81
    ethel smithposted 7 years ago

Why do you enjoy Halloween?

2. SognoPiccolo profile image82
    SognoPiccoloposted 7 years ago

I enjoy Halloween because it's the time of year... The smells in the air, the crisp coolness, the colours. And Halloween adds to it with the sounds of children laughing, costumes, being mischievous, yelling trick or treat. And especially for me the holiday aspect of it, The honoring of the loved ones that have passed on, the thinning of the veils, it is a time of starting over and new beginnings and is celebrated as the start of the new year as the crops have all been harvested and the pantry is stocked and the winter months are coming to wipe the slate clean and allow you to start all over again.

3. avorodisa profile image84
    avorodisaposted 6 years ago

I think Halloween is one of the few holidays that favours mascarade - something rare in my country. It allows us to express our talents, artistic skills in new ways (and in new skins), and open up some potential. And, of course, I like the origin of the holiday which I find quite unusual - the idea of scaring away evil forces. We used to have this tradition long ago but it was just after the Christmas time. People would dance wearing frightful masks to cast the bad spirits away. It has a very strong psychic impact. I just find it so very exciting!

working