jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

How do you celebrate Deepavali in your city/town?

1. lex123 profile image66
    lex123posted 7 years ago

How do you celebrate Deepavali in your city/town?

2. pankaj mahajan profile image59
    pankaj mahajanposted 7 years ago

its good festival for all hindu cast but now  we ve see  all where pollution and dirty things and we are using the firecracker stuff so plz dont use it and prey the god & celebrate the festival with family and friends

3. anujagarwal profile image63
    anujagarwalposted 7 years ago

In our city, Deepavali is celebrated with great enthusiasm and joy. Whole city is decorated for 3 days and everyone decorates their house and shops. In the evening, we perform puja and light up candles and diyas.

4. ishwaryaa22 profile image87
    ishwaryaa22posted 6 years ago

I and my family celebrate Deepavali( the festival of lights) every year with joy and happiness. On Deepavali day, we have a religious oil bath ; wear new clothes, pay a visit to the temple for God's blessings; exchange sweets with relatives and eat good food prepared by my mother. We also do the pooja to Gods and Goddesses at our home. We watch special-tv programmes. In the evening, we light lamps in our pooja-room and in our terrace. We stopped playing with crackers long ago- firstly we do not encourage child-labour and secondly, it create air-pollution. We all go to my grandmother and be united with Grandma, cousins, aunts and uncles happily on this joyous festival.