jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

What are you giving your children for christmas this year ?

1. cmane profile image59
    cmaneposted 7 years ago

What are you giving your children for christmas this year ?

I am looking for a few good unique and inexpensive gift ideas I can use for my own kids this christmas.

2. magknetts profile image53
    magknettsposted 7 years ago

not yet decided on that it depends on the budget...hahahaha but i'm choosing between a toy or just take him out of town.

3. wearing well profile image77
    wearing wellposted 7 years ago

My children are going mad for a pet dog.We're still contemplating on this;if we do it will be bought from the R.S.P.C.A.Royal Society for The Preventation of Cruelty to Animals(a charity who look after unwanted and rescued animals)a small donation is required to help for the charities expenses.If your children are animal lovers you could always sponsor an animal as there are a wide variety of animal sanctuarys to choose from and this would be a cheaper option for the long term too:)

4. profile image49
    tipptoppposted 7 years ago

Lovely seeing others' ideas...I like the out of town trip and the dog!
    My gifts will be varying hugely, because of the big age gap between my kids. For my youngest, I am making a sandbox out of leftover wood, and I have an unused tarp for covering it, so the only cost involved will be the sand and a couple of sand toys.
    My daughter has outgrown her bedroom's decor, and while this sounds like an expensive project, if you stick to plain colors and shop around at bargain stores, can really work out affordably, allowing me to add one or two  more extravagant bits that she'll love. This is great for personalizing - pin-boards, beading containers, frames,etc.
    My eldest has been nagging for a cellphone, and initially, all I could see was $ signs, but having shopped around, I've discovered Net10 prepaid (no contracts!!)...handset prices start at around $15, though to keep her gift in line with the others, I may go for something more "elaborate" and for $15/month, she can get 200 minutes. She will also be responsible for paying towards the monthly cost, and the plan can grow with her, allowing me to buy more minutes as she gets older and proves her responsibility.
    All round, I'm quite excited for Christmas to arrive and will be keeping an eye out for other ideas here!

5. Mrs. Robin Hood profile image61
    Mrs. Robin Hoodposted 6 years ago

I have a series of Hubs on this topic!! With more coming all the time! Some of my favorite ideas involve being a little creative. Beautiful handmade doll babies are a gift on their own but also allow for other gifts like a doll quilt, simple wooden bed, clothes, diaper bag and simple high chair. Another fun idea for a little girl is to buy or make a treasure chest and fill it with clothes, hats, jewelry and accessories you can get at thrift stores----quick, custom dress-up set!

6. Wilsonsorin2011 profile image56
    Wilsonsorin2011posted 6 years ago

I want to giving a best Christmas gift to my son which never forgot it so that way i am visit - www.mummysonlinebabyshop.com/Boys
    because they have the varieties of baby gifts and many more..