jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

What are you doing for Halloween?

1. VictorS. profile image57
    VictorS.posted 7 years ago

What are you doing for Halloween?

2. LucyPlank profile image34
    LucyPlankposted 7 years ago

meh nothing hmm school tomoz so i just chilled in my pjs u? smilex

3. wychic profile image89
    wychicposted 7 years ago

I have a baby due in two weeks, so spending the evening on the couch, in front of the TV, cuddled up with the hubby wink. Next year I'll start actually putting some effort into Halloween.

4. fanatik_efka profile image73
    fanatik_efkaposted 7 years ago

Here in Lithuania it's kinda not a holiday at all. In fact i don't understand the origin of Halloween. Does it have some or it's just another day to sell something you don't really need?

5. VictorS. profile image57
    VictorS.posted 7 years ago

Fanatik,

People don't have the day off from work here in the US for it, so I wouldn't consider it a huge holiday either. It's OK because people can still celebrate it at night. This year it falls on a Sunday, so most people probably have the day off anyway. As far as origins, I'd say check good old Wikipedia for a start. Here's one thing Wikipedia says: "It has roots in the Celtic festival of Samhain and the Christian holiday All Saints' Day, but is today largely a secular celebration" (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Halloween).

LucyPlank,

I'll probably end up dressing up like a human like I do every year. But seriously, probably the usual Halloween dose of horror movies.

6. pedrog profile image61
    pedrogposted 7 years ago

Well, i'm staying at home backlinking my Hubs smile

Here in Portugal it is called The Day of Witches, and tomorrow it is the Day of the Dead and it is a holiday for people go to cemeteries see their loved ones who past away.

7. jaymelee23 profile image76
    jaymelee23posted 7 years ago

I'm just writing hubs... Happy Halloween everyone. I might make some cinnamon rolls later though smile

8. profile image0
    loriamooreposted 7 years ago

We live in a patio home community consisting of no children, so we'll just be hanging out watching tv and keep our outside lights off in the unlikely event of a child showing up wanting candy.  We don't have any candy in the house.

Closed to reply

working