jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

What are your Christmas Eve traditions?

1. KDeus profile image95
    KDeusposted 5 years ago

What are your Christmas Eve traditions?

Our family goes to visit my husband's aunt and all the cousins on Christmas Eve afternoon, then we go to an evening church service. What are your Christmas Eve traditions?

2. faythef profile image61
    faythefposted 5 years ago

Everyone comes to Grandma's house on Christmas eve..We have a simple dinner..and afterward lots of cookies and snacks..Everyone is allowed to open 1 gift...That gift is ALWAYS a new pair of pajamas. Everyone leaves to go home fairly early..so that they can get their baths ..set out cookies and milk and off to bed before Santa arrives.

3. Sharkye11 profile image94
    Sharkye11posted 5 years ago

Every year, as soon as it gets dark on Christmas Eve, we bundle into the car and sing Christmas songs as we drive around searching for Christmas lights. After we have admired all of the displays, we go home and warm up with hot chocolate or tea while watching a Christmas movie. (usually something funny, such as White Christmas).

After the movie goes off, everyone opens one gift. Then we write fill out a Christmas card to leave for Santa, and leave it by a plate of cookies, milk, and sometimes reindeer treats.

After the children are in bed, the grownups eat the cookies, fill out a card from Santa, assembled any large gifts,fill the stockings, and wrap Santa's gifts for him in new wrapping paper. We also use different labels and bows, and always leave at least one unwrapped gift in front of the tree. This present is the first one the babies see, and they always have that beautiful look of awe and wonder on their faces when they spot it.

After all the elf-work is done, the grownups crash into bed knowing that it will only be an hour or two before the Christmas squeals begin!

We "elves" have also been known to wrap other children's gifts and take deliver them in the dead of night, as a sneaky way of making sure they don't catch their parents doing the job!

4. Goody5 profile image72
    Goody5posted 5 years ago

Eating pizza and watching the big ball drop.

5. carolina muscle profile image74
    carolina muscleposted 5 years ago

our family gets to open one present, have a late dinner, and the tree stays lit all nite.

6. Louise Lately profile image69
    Louise Latelyposted 5 years ago

Hi there, I live in London so I will fly to Stockholm to celebrate Christmas Eve. On the day we will go for a walk in the morning and then have a big Christmas lunch in the afternoon with the family. We will then attend a church service in the evening - and open presents later (because we celebrate Christmas on Christmas Eve more than we do on Christmas Day). Hope you enjoy your Christmas!

7. logoquiz profile image71
    logoquizposted 5 years ago

While christmas day is reserved for family, my christmas eve is for my best friends, every year for the last 10 years we have gone to the same pub on christmas eve and had a drink to welcome in christmas