jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

Did your parents have any Christmas traditions that you impliment in your own fa

1. CassyLu1981 profile image82
    CassyLu1981posted 6 years ago

Did your parents have any Christmas traditions that you impliment in your own family today?

When I was young Santa always left his gifts to us in Santa Clause wrapping paper and gift bags.  Now he does the same thing for my kids.  Are there any Christmas traditions that you did as a child that your own children now get the chance to do?

2. pstraubie48 profile image86
    pstraubie48posted 6 years ago

yes...my Momma and Daddy always gave me some nuts (in the shell), an orange, some hard candy in a little plastic bag, and a peppermint stick in my stocking. so, i always do that today....

3. Rachelle Williams profile image90
    Rachelle Williamsposted 6 years ago

Yes. I always play Nat King Cole and Luciano Pavarotti on Christmas Eve.

4. Loi-Renee profile image85
    Loi-Reneeposted 6 years ago

Yes. My parents saw to it that everyone was together for the Christmas. There is a big Christmas dinner and we all go to church together. This year we intend to carry on this tradition. All the kids are excited about going to their grandparents house and getting to see everybody.

5. mandyf profile image65
    mandyfposted 6 years ago

We always recieved new jammies on xmas eve and making candy. I do it now with my own children.

6. creativebutterfly profile image60
    creativebutterflyposted 6 years ago

I don't remember any so when I had a family I started my own.  We have scrambled eggs, smoked salmon and champagne for breakfast after we open our presents in our pajamas.   My daughter follows the same tradition to-day.

7. smzclark profile image60
    smzclarkposted 6 years ago

as a child i was always allowed to open one present on christmas eve, had one on the bottom of my bed with my stocking when i woke and before we opened anything under the tree we had to have breakfast as a family. the only alteration i've made is that our breakfast is always french toast with powdered sugar ('snow on toast') and a fruit salad (to get some natural sugar in there, hoping to cut down a little on the other sugars the kids take in throughout the rest of the day)

8. brycges profile image61
    brycgesposted 6 years ago

Yep, When I was growing up we only received 3 gifts for Christmas, one of which was opened Christmas eve. which I now do with my kids!

It was cool because I'd always have about 10 things I wanted for Christmas, so narrowing that down to 3 allowed me to think about what I wanted the most.

working