jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

What is your definition of a gift?

1. Wayne Brown profile image86
    Wayne Brownposted 7 years ago

What is your definition of a gift?

Some folks say that we should give only what people want. Others contend that it is their option to choose what they want to give. What perspective do you take and why?

2. annieloulaurel profile image57
    annieloulaurelposted 7 years ago

A gift is any present such as a toy, clothing, or footwear given to
    somebody. It can also be in form of something that can't be seen such as love and care. As long as it is heartily given without expecting any in return, that already means a lot to the recipient.

3. profile image0
    Butch Newsposted 7 years ago

Something given out of love with absolutely no expectation of anything being given back.

4. manjubose5 profile image72
    manjubose5posted 7 years ago

Gift is something that is given out of love without expecting anything in return. If anybody gives a gift to someone to get some favor, then it is not a gift -it is called bribe or  try to purchase the recipient in an indirect way.

Gift is something that should not be given out of sympathy to show kindness.

I think you got my perspective.

5. Esrom Art profile image64
    Esrom Artposted 7 years ago

Dear Wayne Brown,
    You are lucky that I wrote in my hub about the meaning of gift. Find out here:
    http://hubpages.com/hub/Meaning-of-Gift … heap-Gifts

Here the resume: Understanding the meaning of gifts is important in human relation. Gifts symbolize expression of your feeling and cares. There are at least 3 general expression of gift that you need to know:
    1. Love and Deep Feeling
    2. Expression of friendship
    3. Charity and Solidarity

I gave more explanation in my hub note above.

Best regard,
    Esrom Art

working