jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (7 posts)

What is pure love?

1. ridwanrabbi profile image58
    ridwanrabbiposted 5 years ago

What is pure love?

2. lilian1 profile image60
    lilian1posted 5 years ago

When you ask nothing of each other and want only the best for each other without conditions smile

1. caitlyncook profile image55
      caitlyncookposted 5 years agoin reply to this

so true!

3. d.william profile image76
    d.williamposted 5 years ago

pure love is almost indescribable.  It is the feeling of such profound contentment, peace, harmony and pure joy all rolled into one mesmerizing, captivating, hypnotic and joyfully fulfilling sensation one can possibly experience and greater than that one could possibly imagine in this physical realm. 
    But this pure love is available only in the presence of being part of that oneness we call God. 
    there is nothing like it here on earth, but the love we feel toward our "soul mate" is also the greatest sensation possible in the material world.
    People who have had near death experiences and return to tell about it will never ever forget it, and long for that experience again.

4. caitlyncook profile image55
    caitlyncookposted 5 years ago

Something you cannot explain, but know is there. Once it's happening, you,ll know.

5. Rebecca2904 profile image78
    Rebecca2904posted 5 years ago

Selfless love smile I think pure love is when you love someone enough to put their needs and happiness before your own, and to love them without expecting anything in return.

6. Lisa HW profile image72
    Lisa HWposted 5 years ago

I'd say it's loving someone without expecting anything in return except for respect,   Everyone deserves respect, and someone who loves someone else in that way particularly deserves respect.  Examples of "things in return" might be things like expecting someone else to make us feel whole, wanting them to boost our ego, seeing them as our "helpers", expecting them to make decisions we approve of, etc.  etc.

I once read that no love is complete and whole unless it has in it a) admiration and b) respect.  I very much believe that.  Love that's about what someone else can bring to our life or do for us isn't that kind of love.