jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)

Are you going to church this Christmas?

1. Rosie2010 profile image76
    Rosie2010posted 7 years ago

Are you going to church this Christmas?

My family always attend the midnight mass on Christmas Eve, and then after mass, we eat our Christmas dinner and then exchange gifts.  What about you?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/4301412_f260.jpg

2. profile image0
    Toby Hansenposted 7 years ago

No. My church is actually closed over Xmas and New Year. Not that one has to be in a particular building to pray or worship.

3. Iontach profile image86
    Iontachposted 7 years ago

Aww that sounds cute. Well my family are not very religious at all, so we don't go to mass. Plus the church is always packed full of people so we'd be lucky getting seats.
    Christmas is a happy time though, we get up early may a fry up and exchange presents. We then prepare our dinner and eat together. It's nice! Then on St. Stephens day we visit relations and exchange presents.

4. CASE1WORKER profile image70
    CASE1WORKERposted 7 years ago

Actually, no. I usually go to church but the vicar is aware that extreme panic sets in on christmas morning and i need to stay at home to watch the oven!

5. profile image0
    Giselle Maineposted 7 years ago

Yes to church, because not going at all would be like having a birthday party without prioritizing the guest of honor.  I figure everything else will just have to fit around church instead of vice versa (although admittedly that's really easy for me to say because I'm not hosting the main meal this year!)

6. onceuponatime66 profile image60
    onceuponatime66posted 7 years ago

I got to midnight mass at a local Church Catholic I love the Christmas Holidays and the Catholic traditional church only for Christmas I am a non denominational believer but have moved and no church home yet.

7. penelopae profile image73
    penelopaeposted 6 years ago

Yes! For the first time ever since having kids of my own, we're enjoying two days of doing whatever we want, without external people around, staying with us, or having to visit. We're gleefully going to church, then coming home to pig out on pizza and junk food for the rest of the day, in our pajamas. Great question!

8. Toni Brit-Toni profile image58
    Toni Brit-Toniposted 6 years ago

I'm not a big religious beliver of Christmas as a athiest, but i thinks its a really nice community spirit to get together for midnight mass.
    These are the old-fashioned traditions that just dont exist any more.

9. GoodLady profile image93
    GoodLadyposted 6 years ago

Yes, I really want to go to the mass in the village this Christmas.  I've never been to a Mass all the time I've lived in Italy which is 33 years!

working