jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

What do you think about Christmas lists?

1. esatchel profile image89
    esatchelposted 7 years ago

What do you think about Christmas lists?

Specifically, what do you think about the practice of providing a list to friends and family providing preferred gifts, sizes, colors?  Do you think this is a good and useful practice, or a crass bastardization of what gift-giving is all about?

2. whcobb profile image94
    whcobbposted 7 years ago

I think it's a good idea at times and a bad idea at others and therefore an overall decent idea. I don't like receiving or giving clothes to young kids for Christmas because I think because Christmas comes once a year and people only celebrate once a year, a child should receive gifts that they may otherwise not get. I think it is a good and useful practice because if you know what someone wants, there's no reason for those folks to return the gifts.

3. Rosie2010 profile image76
    Rosie2010posted 7 years ago

It's a great idea specially for the family.  That way you are not banging your head trying to think of what to give or if they like what you bought.  My kids and I do that and we love it because we get what we really need or want.  My sister always asks what I like and what to buy the kids and I do the same.  Although we don't exactly give an actual list, I think the idea is the same.

Merry Christmas,
    Rosie

4. Mrs. Robin Hood profile image60
    Mrs. Robin Hoodposted 6 years ago

I think it depends on the person with the list. Children providing lists is traditional and can be really helpful. Since my daugher was born we have written a "letter to Santa" and given it to her grandparents (who requested a list). I don't think that adults should provide lists to anyone unless specifically asked. Gift giving should be about what the giver wants to relay to the receiver, not a fulfillment of lofty expectations.

5. profile image0
    lesliebyarsposted 5 years ago

Christmas lists are a good idea for the person who is hard to buy for, a person who has everything and also don't forget the children.  It is a great idea to have children write down a wish list.  It is fun to see what their little minds come up with.

working