jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Do you receive Christmas presents that you have to exchange?

1. Rosie2010 profile image75
    Rosie2010posted 7 years ago

Do you receive Christmas presents that you have to exchange?

My son got my daughter a book she mentioned she wanted.. and then she bought it as a gift for herself.. imagine my son's dismay.. the surprise was gone but my daughter is going to exchange the book with something else she wanted.

2. Suzanne Day profile image95
    Suzanne Dayposted 7 years ago

Nope, I didn't buy any presents so I didn't receive any from others. Bought myself a pendant which I liked so that was fine!

3. glutathionetips profile image61
    glutathionetipsposted 7 years ago

Some years I have. This Christmas either I picked out the gifts before hand or I received money/gift cards. I dont think exchanging your gift is a bad thing based on my own experiences simply becuase the other person just wants you to be happy.

4. nifty@50 profile image73
    nifty@50posted 7 years ago

I never receive gifts I HAVE TO exchange...LOL! Most people send gift cards and my wife knows what I own better than I do. If I receive a gift I already have I would most likely "re-gift it" to someone who would appreciate it. Exchanging a gift for me is a "last option" that I seldom use! My wife on the other hand exchanges things all the time no big deal (she enjoys it...no really)!!!

5. wealthseeker profile image60
    wealthseekerposted 7 years ago

This year, I got one gift and that was what I wanted. Usually I get a few more gifts but some I do not care for and I either re-gift it or exchange it. It is not fun though, that is why I like either;

1. Cash Gift
    2. Gift cards
    3. Experience gift
    4. No gifts at all

6. Right On Time profile image62
    Right On Timeposted 7 years ago

Then it sounds like all is right, because it's the thought that counted, that ur son cared enough to buy her something she liked so much that she bought herself.

Yeah I have, but I have a rule - no gifts over $10.00 - then it's less pain for everyone and more about the thought and having fun.