jump to last post 1-11 of 11 discussions (11 posts)

Which is better during the holidays; to give or to receive?

1. Libra Rajani profile image77
    Libra Rajaniposted 6 years ago

Which is better during the holidays; to give or to receive?

Which gives you a better sense of satisfaction?

2. gryphin423 profile image72
    gryphin423posted 6 years ago

When I was young, it was definitely to receive. Now that I'm older I like to watch someone open the gift I gave them and see their joy. Especially my nieces and nephews, nothing better than that!

3. cabmgmnt profile image85
    cabmgmntposted 6 years ago

I prefer giving. I like using my creative talents to put together crafted gifts and use my talents to be creative about the wrapping, too! The look of joy on the gift receiver's face when receiving a well thought out gift is one of the moments I enjoy best.

4. NiaG profile image90
    NiaGposted 6 years ago

I don't know....I love giving and seeing the looks on their face. But at the same time I love the anticipation of opening a gift. As far as satisfaction goes, giving is definitely better.

5. profile image0
    Emily Sparksposted 6 years ago

"It is more blessed to give then to receive"  for sure!

6. xethonxq profile image64
    xethonxqposted 6 years ago

I love giving...seeing the expressions on someone's face when you pick the perfect gift for them is priceless!

7. howtojunkies profile image55
    howtojunkiesposted 6 years ago

both. i love to give as much as i love to receive big_smile

8. Bella Nina profile image72
    Bella Ninaposted 6 years ago

I always enjoy giving more than receiving.  I don't need anything . . . emphasis on "thing".  I just want to be with the people I love, and make beautiful memories.  I love to find out what someone needs, and then try and give them that.

9. smzclark profile image60
    smzclarkposted 6 years ago

'gotta' be giving. but i can't say i don't love the gifts that you can tell the person has put thought into. last year i recieved better gifts than i gave and felt a bit bad about it but was also very touched :-)

10. health-resource profile image59
    health-resourceposted 6 years ago

You know, I don't really "need" anything anymore.  A few things would be nice, but it's much more important for me to be around family, enjoy the decorations, etc.

I love giving a gift to someone that I know will love it.  It's a great feeling.

11. athena2011 profile image54
    athena2011posted 6 years ago

Agree that as I get older I much prefer giving. As a kid I always looked forward to getting presents and didn't appreciate the true meaning of giving.

working