jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (10 posts)

If no presents were given at Christmas, would it still be important to you?

1. bettybarnesb profile image61
    bettybarnesbposted 6 years ago

If no presents were given at Christmas, would it still be important to you?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/5855567_f260.jpg

2. PeanutButterWine profile image58
    PeanutButterWineposted 6 years ago

Of Course! Christmas (for me) is about getting together with my Family I love and spending quality time together...

This is probably because we all live so far away from one another and Christmas each year is the one time we all make an effort to get together so, its an easy answer! smile My kids on the other hand would disagree! haha

3. georgethegent profile image60
    georgethegentposted 6 years ago

I have never believed in god and have therefore seen christmas as a waste of time and money. I would never suggest that those of us that do believe should not enjoy christmas though. But please don't spend, spend, spend as so many of us do.

4. chicagoguy profile image75
    chicagoguyposted 6 years ago

Yes !! of course ! it is always important!

5. pstraubie48 profile image85
    pstraubie48posted 6 years ago

absolutelllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllly    it is isn't about that

6. meganlsmith3 profile image80
    meganlsmith3posted 6 years ago

I wish we didn't exchange gifts.  Then we could just focus on the real meaning.

7. athena2011 profile image55
    athena2011posted 6 years ago

Most definitely! It is not at all about the gifts. Probably Christmas would be better (certainly less stressful) without having to get gifts for people.

It certainly has become very commercialized which distracts from it's true significance.

8. Nellieanna profile image80
    Nellieannaposted 6 years ago

What's important about this celebration is the exchange of love and caring.  If it genuinely inspires giving a gift, then, that's certainly OK, especially if it's something made just for the person with the giver's two hands.  If that's not possible, then it should be something that really fits the recipient.  Price should not matter, only value to the person - and it should be the giver's own idea, not based on a list of the person's 'wants'.

If no gifts are exchanged, that's certainly OK, too, so long as the celebration is about the love and joy of being together.

9. jeremejazz profile image59
    jeremejazzposted 6 years ago

Well first of all, presents aren't the most important..

10. profile image0
    Emily Sparksposted 6 years ago

Of course!  Christmas is not about gifts for me. It is a time to celebrate my Saviour's birth!  He came to earth, was born in a manger, and lived a perfect life just so He could die for our sins!  What a sacrifice!

working