jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

What are you getting your friends and family for christmas this year?

1. arthsabi profile image62
    arthsabiposted 6 years ago

What are you getting your friends and family for christmas this year?

2. weightlossnstuff profile image73
    weightlossnstuffposted 6 years ago

I know it takes all the mystery out of it, but I always ask what gifts people would like.

So I say something like, what top 3 gifts would you like this Christmas that fit into X budget? Then I go out and get them. I'd rather my family got the gifts they really wanted rather than random stuff which will never be used.

The other alternative is to give money. Always appreciated.

3. Word Caddy profile image59
    Word Caddyposted 6 years ago

Over the past few years I've been into ptohography and would take loads of photos during parties and outings and the like. Considering most of those years were university years, there are mad pictures from the costume parties we had. For the three special friends with whom I currently live, I have made a personalised photo album for each, collecting the best photos from our time together.

4. athena2011 profile image57
    athena2011posted 6 years ago

Our family and friends agreed some years back only to get gifts for the kids so what I like to do is give them a few gifts which includes some clothes, but also a toy that stimulates creativity.

I also like to donate to a charity in my friends or family's name instead of gifting.

5. arthsabi profile image62
    arthsabiposted 6 years ago

Thanks for your feedback! Check out http://digitalpresents.weebly.com/ for more ideas!

6. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 6 years ago

We've scaled way back due to my husband going on disability so the gifts will be small.  Actually not spending a lot of money has made this season much more pleasant for me.  One daughter will get a cover for her iPad, the other a cover for her Kindle, the sons-in-law some kind of small tool.  The bulk of the money will be for the grandchildren.

working