jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

This Christmas, are you expecting to receive, or, are you planning to give?

1. ComfortB profile image86
    ComfortBposted 6 years ago

This Christmas, are you expecting to receive, or, are you planning to give?

With so many people affected by the economy. It's so hard for some to give as generously as they normally would. It is hard for some to give, period. Many kids may never get a gift this christmas, and maybe even some adults.
    Do you know a child who may not get a gift this Christmas? What are you going to do?

2. starstream profile image77
    starstreamposted 6 years ago

Giving comes from the heart.  There is always a way to give a fun memory without buying a gift.

3. gryphin423 profile image70
    gryphin423posted 6 years ago

I always love to give, if I receive that is fine too. I did take two cards off the Easter Seals tree at a local restaurant and bought some toys for needy children. And I always give to the food drive. I feel grateful for what I have, which definitely isn't what it used to be!

4. Cardia profile image95
    Cardiaposted 6 years ago

I've always enjoyed giving out presents, but this year, my family had to narrow down our list of receivers.
    I already gave out most of my gifts.

This year, a friend in our group, her family is having trouble financially, so all of us in the circle of friends put together and bought a gift for her that she'll definitely enjoy and use smile
    Also, there is a lovely old lady who lives across the road from us who had an accident and is now wheelchair bound, so my family will provide Christmas lunch for her this year.

working