This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: "https://hubpages.com/privacy-policy#gdpr"

jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Christmas without cruelty with animals

1. jainismus profile image72
    jainismusposted 6 years ago

Christmas without cruelty with animals

Christmas without cruelty to animals is possible, why most people do not celebrate it in Vegan /Vegetarian way?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/5916974_f260.jpg

2. rafken profile image77
    rafkenposted 6 years ago

I don't think Christmas has anything to do with cruelty to animals. If you eat meat, then you eat meat whether it is Christmas or not. If you are suggesting that as a show of religion we give up eating meat at Christmas, then I also do not follow your logic. The Lord created us, supposedly in his own image, I say supposedly because I find it hard to believe that he would need Canine teeth. Canine teeth are purely required for tearing meat and are not required for any kind of vegetarian meal that i have heard of. He endowed us with those teeth for a reason. It would seem logical to me that we celebrate the Lord by thanking him for and using, all the tools that he saw fit to give us.

3. onegoodwoman profile image76
    onegoodwomanposted 6 years ago

Sorry, friend,

But it will not be Christmas, without a "ham"..............

Can you tell me, of an "uncruel" way to kill a pig?

Even the most swift, most direct fashion, demands that an animal must give up their life.   

Life is cruel........I get that.......but I will not stop eating meat.

4. MickS profile image71
    MickSposted 6 years ago

I don't know that there is any proof the slaughtering meat a Christmas is any different to slaughtering meat at any other time of the year.  We have to remember that Mother Nature designed us to be hunters, it is perfectly normal for humans to slaughter and eat meat.

working