Who else thinks that making New's Years resolutions are just of setting up your

1. Trueshortstories profile image71
    Trueshortstoriesposted 6 years ago

Who else thinks that making New's Years resolutions are just  of setting up yourself for failurw?

If you want to quit something or start something I think it is better to do it a different time in the year.  It is a lot of pressure.

2. billericky profile image65
    billerickyposted 6 years ago

I do not make any New Years resolutions now because of the added pressure of giving something up or adding to my already hectic schedule.

Now I simply help my friends break theirs, it is also so much more fun !!

3. Grime Remix profile image60
    Grime Remixposted 6 years ago

Thank you for this question.  I believe New Years is a good time to make goals because you have an easy reference date and your more likely to consider making changes where they are needed.  The problem, like you stated, is that most of the time we do not follow through and work to complete those goals. 

One way to combat this might be to set dates where it's okay to stop.  This method you know when your going to quit in advance but more importantly you've also set dates to progress forward by starting again shortly after your stop date.  You avoid the pressure, you didn't quit, your just building your discipline muscles.  I sure hope this works.  LOL.....