What are some unique party themes for spring and summer time?

1. sunbun143 profile image84
    sunbun143posted 6 years ago

What are some unique party themes for spring and summer time?

Can be adult-friendly or kid-friendly.

2. profile image0
    Peelander Gallyposted 6 years ago

You could have an old fashioned English garden party with fancy dresses, big hats, parasols, tea and cucumber sandwiches. You could set up a salad bar for lunch, dinner or a kids' party with fun and unusual ingredients (like edible flowers) and dressings. You and your friends could all pick a vegetable and an herb to grow and then exchange them. You could set up a tent with blankets and pillows and lanterns outside, make and do henna on each other with an Indian and Middle Eastern music mix in the background. Of course you could add pita and hummus to that. Et cetera.

3. fourhappykids profile image61
    fourhappykidsposted 5 years ago

For younger kids, I love the idea of a backyard circus or carnival - simple games like a ring toss, balloon darts, and a ball throw can all be handmade easily (and inexpensively). Keep the color scheme simple and bright with lots of red and white stripes, and include plenty of carnival foods - popcorn, cotton candy, snow cones, and funnel cakes, to name a few. All of those can easily be purchased or made at home.

For older kids, an outdoor movie is super fun, and can be done fairly easily with a borrowed projector and a white sheet hung between trees. Serve hot dogs, popcorn, and nachos, and send them home with a package of movie candy and a label that says "it was sweet of you to attend the party!".

I am an event planner with a focus on children's parties. I'm new to HubPages, but feel free to check out my upcoming Hubs if you need more ideas.

working