jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Did you do anything for St. Patrick's Day? I went to a parade and ate corn beef

1. Minnetonka Twin profile image86
    Minnetonka Twinposted 6 years ago

Did you do anything for St. Patrick's Day? I went to a parade and ate corn beef & cabbage. Do tell..

St. Patrick's Day is a fun holiday. I want to find out what others like to do and how they spend it.

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/3326582_f260.jpg

2. teamrn profile image68
    teamrnposted 6 years ago

Even though I'm not Irish I love the Irish traditions.  On a whim, my sister started my niece in an Irish dance club, 13 years ago. It stuck. She placed 6th in the world championships in Ireland and we started a tradition of watching her dance. The week of St. Patrick's Day starts out with her dancing in nursing homes and other venues. On St. Patrick's Day, she usually dances in the Denver parade and then Dances in an Irish pub for 9 more hours. She's one tired puppy at the end of the day.

I don't drink beer often, but I enjoy a nice cold one on St. Patrick's Day.
    Another tradition, when I lived in Chicago, was to see the Chicago river dyed green, the neighborhood festivals, corn beef and cabbage and the Chicago parade. Chicago has many ethnicities; but on St. Patrick's Day everyone is Irish!

3. Minnetonka Twin profile image86
    Minnetonka Twinposted 6 years ago

Hi Annie-it's so fun to see you. What a fun tradition your sister started with her daughter. I am really curious to know how old your niece is. What a fun thing to do Irish dancing. I am also fascinated that they turn the Chicago river green on St. Pat's day. How cool that must be!! I too had a beer or two on St. Patrick's Day as it was my 8 year anniversary of being cancer free. Thanks for coming by my question Annie. It's the first time I ever asked one. I was kind of nervous.

4. Twilight Lawns profile image82
    Twilight Lawnsposted 6 years ago

What is this bloody Transatlantic obsession with Ireland and Saint Patrick?
    You can't all be descended from an Irishman or Irishwoman... There weren't enough of them to go round; potato famine or not.
    And by the way, which Saint Patrick are  you remembering. 
    I was talking to a REAL Irishman yesterday, and he told me there were eight of them... all amalgamated into one.

working