jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

How old is too old for an Easter basket?

1. Pamela N Red profile image85
    Pamela N Redposted 6 years ago

How old is too old for an Easter basket?

I fill Easter baskets for my kids at Easter time and when they get older they don't hunt eggs but still enjoy the gifts and treats. At what age should we stop this tradition?

2. cookies4breakfast profile image58
    cookies4breakfastposted 6 years ago

Honestly, I don't know of anyone, including adults, who would turn down an Easter basket!  My mom still gets us Easter baskets if we're in town for Easter, and I love it.  Same goes for Christmas stockings!  Bring it on!

3. ThePracticalMommy profile image96
    ThePracticalMommyposted 6 years ago

My mom still gives us all Easter baskets. She knows I would never say no to chocolate! She usually gives us a chocolate cross and a few chocolate peanut butter eggs. It does help that she works at a candy shop...

I don't think it necessarily has to stop at a certain age but instead be presented with a more sophisticated approach, e.g. one or two pieces of Easter candy versus an entire basket.

4. Pannonica profile image60
    Pannonicaposted 6 years ago

You can never be too old for an Easter basket!

In our family the tradition continues each and every year for everyone.

Okay so Nana usually has a small chocolate and some flowers in her's, but we personalize each one.

Me - I just love the chocolate!

5. connieow profile image78
    connieowposted 6 years ago

You are never too old for Easter Baskets. Indulge the child within and have fun. Go Easter egg hunting and laugh with the children.

As a daughter, it crushed me when my mom told me I was too old. I sat there watching the children have a blast. I was too old. Phewy.

Now that I am grown, I go egg hunting and will ask for my very own basket of goodies.

Have fun. Get one for yourself.

6. Charlu profile image81
    Charluposted 6 years ago

Never, you just change a few of the things that are in it according to the persons likes and needs.

7. Ann810 profile image81
    Ann810posted 6 years ago

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/6438693_f260.jpg

I think no one is too old for an Easter basket, people give their grandmothers Easter baskets. Easter baskets can be custom made. For teenagers I would make a huge Easter basket as a center-piece on the kitchen table; filled with Easter candy and decorative Easter eggs (boiled and colored).

8. katieababy74 profile image60
    katieababy74posted 6 years ago

Simple answer - Never, absolutely never!!

working