jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

What Are Some Homemade Candy Or Treat Ideas For Easter Baskets?

1. PhoenixV profile image74
    PhoenixVposted 4 years ago

2. ii3rittles profile image83
    ii3rittlesposted 4 years ago

Cookies are always the easiest, though not really candy. Melting your own chocolate is fun though! You can get white chocolate as well. They sell peanut butter melting chips now as well. When I was in high-school we had to melt chocolate and make our own unique treats. My group melting chocolate and put bubble gum in the center. It tasted surprising good!  They sell molds all over the web & in stores to use, as well as melting chips in all kinds of flavors. All that you do is take two pots, one that can fit in the other, fill the larger one with some water, not too much though where it would over floor when the other pot is placed in it, then put it on your stove top. Bring the water to a low boil, and add the chips to the smaller pot and mix well till all is melted, then add to your molds. Throw in jelly beans, other flavor chips, whatever you wish then put in the freezer for 8 hours.

3. WordPlay profile image61
    WordPlayposted 4 years ago

I don't know if I'm allowed to paste a URL here, but I have a link to a recipe to make quinoa krispy treats (a healthy version of Rice Krispy treats), plus a set of printable labels to use when making the treats into lollipops or Easter eggs. There are instructions to make all of it. You can, of course, also make them with regular Rice Krispy treats!

You can find the post on PartyPlanningCenter.Blogspot.com, just click the "Browse Printables" link at the top of the blog, and then look for the "Easter Treats Labels and Krispy Treats Recipe" under "Easter."

4. profile image0
    Emily Sparksposted 4 years ago

Well, one of my favorites is rice crispy treats!  They are simple, easy and delicious!  You can make them into Easter shapes and you can decorate with sprinkles or putting candy shapes into the center!  Have fun decorating with anything!