jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

I'm 37 now. Am I too old to go to dental school

1. surfgatinho profile image81
    surfgatinhoposted 8 years ago

I'm 37 now. Am I too old to go to dental school

It'll probably take me a further 2 years to prepare so we're looking at a 4 year grad course starting when I'm 39/40

And please, no responses along the lines of 'Your never too old....' I know that but I'm looking for answers relating directly to dentistry/medicine

2. sasanqua profile image80
    sasanquaposted 8 years ago

As a dentist, you need to have really steady hands. As you get older, your hands may start to slightly tremble, hindering your ability to complete the delicate work required in your job. Of course, you may not experience any problems with trembling at all!

3. profile image51
    vickievrposted 7 years ago

I am 41 and i taking a online course for high school, cause i never finished it, but now im am ready to take the bull by its horns and get my education, YOUR NEVER TO OLD TO LEARN, JUST TO OLD TO SIT AND DO NOTING. CONGRATS ON YOUR SUCCESS

4. thedentists profile image60
    thedentistsposted 5 years ago

It is never too late to do something you are passionate about. However it is also important to consider factors such as building up a practice. Iif you are going into private practice, it can take years to build up patients. The other option is to purchase an existing practice, where your age can aid in experience and acumen that younger dentists might not have. Good luck!