jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Do you think Good Friday should be a National Holiday in the USA?

1. John Sarkis profile image84
    John Sarkisposted 6 years ago

Do you think Good Friday should be a National Holiday in the USA?

I don't understand why Christmas is a National Holiday in our country (USA) and Good Friday is not?  Isn't the day our Lord's crucifixion as important as the day of His birth?  We Christians were saved because of his crucifixion.  Subsequently, the verdict is out on whether he was born on the 25th of December or not, but most agree he was crucified on the Friday during Jewish Passover....

2. Celiegirl profile image71
    Celiegirlposted 6 years ago

John Sarkis does it really matter if Good Friday if officially recognized as a holiday? I love the fact that it is not a commercialized oriented event like Christmas has become and i agree that it is more important actually than Jesus' birth for those who follow Him as Lord and Savior.
    The thing is as long as His followers observe it , i think that is what is more important - don't you!
    Celiegirl

3. Aley Martin profile image79
    Aley Martinposted 6 years ago

I find the idea that we only celebrate Christian holidays but no other religions discriminatory. Seems very biased. Not everyone is a Christian.

4. John Sarkis profile image84
    John Sarkisposted 6 years ago

Thank you for your opinion.  Well, I'll always observe the Lord's Birth/Death...  Additionally, Happy Easter everyone!

working