jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

As you are getting older, are holidays (christmas, easter, etc) losing their mea

1. algarveview profile image88
    algarveviewposted 6 years ago

As you are getting older, are holidays (christmas, easter, etc) losing their meaning?

I find that every year that goes by things lose the meaning they had when I was a child, christmas was such an event, easter... now, just another day, except the part I have much more work to do.

2. selene383 profile image58
    selene383posted 6 years ago

Yes, the holidays seem to be losing their meaning. No one really celebrates them the same way anymore. I don't know if you are a follower of Christ or not but, even the churches have lost the ultimate concept of Easter and Christmas.

I agree with Gusser strongly.

3. Seeker7 profile image94
    Seeker7posted 6 years ago

I wouldn't say loosing their meaning exactly, but I certainly enjoy a much quieter Christmas now than I did say twenty years ago. As to easter, I think it's pretty much the same.

4. TheLifeExperiment profile image58
    TheLifeExperimentposted 6 years ago

No! I'm only 19 but still, I guess that's considered old enough to not get an Easter basket, etc. I love holidays, so its sad to realize that even if they are meaningful, they really are more for kids than adults. As for Christmas (and I'm an atheist, so its kind of funny), that will never die out for me. I love the whole spirit of the season smile

5. duffsmom profile image59
    duffsmomposted 6 years ago

That is an interest question and after thinking about it, I would have to say that yes, the holidays in terms of the excitement and celebration has lost a lot for me.  As a Christian many of the holidays still have a religious meaning for me but that wonder of kids getting excited and that special feel in the air - especially at Christmas, has really dissipated.

@ Gusser is it really necessary get in digs at Christians when answering a simple question.

working