jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

Where do you hide your Christmas, holiday gifts?

1. BSloan profile image76
    BSloanposted 5 years ago

Where do you hide your Christmas, holiday gifts?

Do you have a secret hiding place for all your Christmas, holiday gifts?  As my children get older, it's getting harder and harder to hide their gifts, any suggestions?

2. peeples profile image94
    peeplesposted 5 years ago

I have a large oven box in my basement that I normally keep off season decorations in. During the holidays I empty half of the box out into smaller boxes. I then put gifts at the bottom half of the oven box. Then I fill it as usual with decorations. If someone was to open the box all they would see is decorations. When I bought my oldest son a new 3DS I hid it in my underwear drawer because I know he won't get any where near that. I also have a very set rule in my house. If I find out anyone finds a gift before it is suppose to be given I will take it back. I proved my point last year when my at the time 6 year old son found a remote controlled car in my closet (where he shouldn't have been anyway) that was suppose to be a gift. I had him and his older brother come with me to the store to return it. I'm hoping he learned his lesson. It may seem mean but I assure you I later went back and spent that money on a different gift for him.

1. BSloan profile image76
      BSloanposted 5 years agoin reply to this

The undies drawer is a great idea, I'm going to have to use that one this year.

3. MKayo profile image92
    MKayoposted 5 years ago

As a kid, my parents hid them in the deep recesses of their closet. When my kids were younger, we did the same thing - hidden in the closet. As they got older and wiser, we had to create more inventive places to hide Christmas gifts like a bag of old clothes or in the freezer. I've heard some folks use their car or keep the gifts at a friend's house.

Hiding things in plain sight always works best. We actually sealed some gifts in plastic and placed them in the trash can, underneath the liner. I also use a mail box (UPS Store) - they kindly keep my deliveries until I pick them up.

4. lburmaster profile image82
    lburmasterposted 5 years ago

Under the couch, under their bed, in the dinning room because it is never used, the laundry room under a pile of clothes or towels, etc.

5. ReneeDC1979 profile image61
    ReneeDC1979posted 5 years ago

In my bank account until christmas Eve.  Then I go shopping.  So, I don't have the trouble of people trying to see what I got them.