jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Is it too early for Christmas ads?

1. Novel Treasure profile image89
    Novel Treasureposted 5 years ago

Is it too early for Christmas ads?

I read a story about how Target was already starting their Christmas ads on tv, then I had the luxury (or not) of seeing it last night. Do you think it is way too early to start Christmas ads? Does the company who starts advertising first really get more of our $$'s?

2. jenbeach21 profile image80
    jenbeach21posted 5 years ago

Yes, I think it is. I prefer for Christmas ads and products to be out after Halloween is over!

3. BSloan profile image74
    BSloanposted 5 years ago

Normally I would say yes, but this year since we're on a budget we are already planning for the holiday season.   Looking for sales, trying to beat the rush, and trying to save $$ on the items we need takes time and we've started a bit earlier this year.

4. MSLewis profile image59
    MSLewisposted 5 years ago

They may get more money, but not for good reasons. People that are following those ads are most likely the ones that have been out shopping already, so I doubt it makes a whole lot of difference other than annoying a lot of people that have no desire to think of Christmas shopping before Halloween, lol.

Unfortunately, these ads make most people concentrate on the wrong aspect of Christmas anyway. It's not supposed to be about buying lots of stuff and showering your friends and family with gifts, it's supposed to be about spending time with loved ones and celebrating the birth of Jesus Christ...

5. oceansnsunsets profile image90
    oceansnsunsetsposted 5 years ago

Yes, its too early for Christmas ads, though many are trying to beat other retailers to the punch.  I think this has begun to backfire in recent years.  People begin to get grumpy at how soon its out there.   Now if you asked about Christmas music, its not too early for that!  (Ok, well almost, lol, but not like the ads.)

6. rfmoran profile image87
    rfmoranposted 5 years ago

I long for the day when we didn't see Christmas ads until after Thanksgiving. I hate it, but I don't want some enterprising politician to try to interfere in the market.

7. profile image0
    huckelburyposted 5 years ago

It's always too early for Christmas ads.

working