jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

It's almost Halloween...have you ever participated in a seance?

1. Denise Handlon profile image89
    Denise Handlonposted 5 years ago

It's almost Halloween...have you ever participated in a seance?

At slumber parties my girlfriends and I would play with a ouiji board to try to connect with people who have died.  It was just for fun and to spook ourselves.  But, have you ever done anything similar?

2. profile image0
    Garifaliaposted 5 years ago

Happy Halloween. Twenty some odd years ago my sister, an English teacher like myself, had arranged to have a seance at a student's home with all the students from a class of hers. It was a fun way to get everybody involved in the language around Halloween time and it sparked their interest and participation. At the seance about 6-7 people were sitting around a table (the rest were standing around them) with their index fingers on the bottom end of a glass on a ouija board. Lights shut except for a small lamp, the girl at the head asked for the spirtis to respond if they were present....shortly after she speaks the glass starts moving....everyone goes into shock and gasps and the glass stops moving.

My sister had told me that the girl had practiced black magic in the past. I believe in the extra sense that some people are able to wake up. To this day my sister vows nobody moved the glass....that it moved by itself.

Denise Handlonposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I believe that Black Magic is a real entity and there are groups who do practice this, and there are people who dabble that don't have a clue what they are doing.   I've been to slumber parties where we have had things move on the board.  Thanks!

3. profile image0
    SandCastlesposted 5 years ago

Once I tried a ouiji board and it was so creepy. There was an evil presence, I felt it and I never tried that again.

Denise Handlonposted 5 years agoin reply to this

It is a strange thing-real or imagined, that can leave one feeling very unsettled.  Thanks for sharing.

working