jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Do you inspect your children's candy prior to allowing them to eat any?

1. aDayInMyLife1 profile image89
    aDayInMyLife1posted 5 years ago

Do you inspect your children's candy prior to allowing them to eat any?

I have heard horror stories about drugs being injected into candy and broken glass etc. Be careful and throw away anything that looks suspicious.

2. teyeger82 profile image76
    teyeger82posted 5 years ago

My children are too old to trick or treat these days, but I always inspected their candy before I allowed them to eat it. I threw out candy that appeared to be tampered with and any homemade goodies that came from people we did not know. Better safe than sorry!

3. Goody5 profile image72
    Goody5posted 5 years ago

Always, this is the first rule to trick or treating.

4. lburmaster profile image84
    lburmasterposted 5 years ago

My parents never needed to. The kids always did that themselves. After going out trick-or-treating, we would sit in our own certain spots far away from each other and put our treats into organized piles. Basically, we were counting how many we had of each candy. If we had some candy we didn't like, we would trade it to one of the siblings who did like that candy. That way we never got stuck with a candy we didn't like. But all the coconut would go to mom, because she was the only one who liked it. Our parents would sit on the couch watching what candies we had and we always threw away candy without a wrapper or a wrapper that had no logo we recognized.

working