jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Aside from Turkey, what is the most important dish to serve for Thanksgiving?

1. CWanamaker profile image98
    CWanamakerposted 5 years ago

Aside from Turkey, what is the most important dish to serve for Thanksgiving?

2. recappers delight profile image81
    recappers delightposted 5 years ago

I think it depends on what you like best. I am not even a huge fan of turkey; I nibbled on the wing, but preferred the asparagus with hollandaise sauce we had as a side.

We did a special thing for Thanksgiving this year. We had each of our children cook one dish. My daughter made potatoes, my older son made mashed potatoes, and my youngest son made ramen noodles. They each felt like they were contributing to our feast, and I think that was more important than including any one particular kind of food.

3. Goody5 profile image71
    Goody5posted 5 years ago

Without a doubt it would have to be pumpkin pie.

4. brakel2 profile image81
    brakel2posted 5 years ago

Sweet potato casserole or microwaved potatoes as shortcut

5. TheKatsMeow profile image89
    TheKatsMeowposted 5 years ago

we don't eat turkey, but we always have mashed potatoes with our meal! that's important smile

6. Shon Stallgraves profile image68
    Shon Stallgravesposted 5 years ago

I am not a turkey fan either. If you end up over several people's houses, you will notice that turkey can be lack of better word, "Screwed up" but you can't mess up mashed potatoes. I was not able to get any mashed potatoes but whipped sweet potatoes, so I still got my potatoes and all was good, turkey can't be mad at me.