Do you like a modestly or majorly decorated house for Christmas?

1. VeronicaFarkas profile image83
    VeronicaFarkasposted 5 years ago

Do you like a modestly or majorly decorated house for Christmas?

Are you a "Griswald"? Do you like a lot of lights & decorations on peoples' houses, or a few lights here & there, methodically placed? Do you decorate the inside of your house as if it were the North Pole?

2. fpherj48 profile image77
    fpherj48posted 5 years ago

Moderately or extravagantly, it's very festive and exciting to decorate one's home for a Holiday.  Neighborhoods all lit up with color and sparkle, add to the feel of the Season. I do enjoy seeing the sights during Christmas time.
    Personally, I do not decorate the exterior of my home at all.  This is simply an individual choice.  I live on a major, busy route and I cannot help but think that I don't want drivers to be distracted for any amount of time, to admire my home!  I want people to reach their destinations safely so they can enjoy the Holiday in good health and in one piece......

3. Novel Treasure profile image88
    Novel Treasureposted 5 years ago

Can I like both? smile
    I like the prettiness and serenity of an eloquently and minimalist decorated house. It's just so calming.

That being said, I love the craziness and zanyness of even the tackiest decorated houses. I enjoy people who can celebrate with gusto and aren't afraid to be who they are. Passing by those houses always makes me smile. Reminds you even during tough times, to love life and live it to the fullest