jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (7 posts)

Is anyone else celebrating pancake day?

1. daydreams profile image97
    daydreamsposted 5 years ago

Is anyone else celebrating pancake day?

Just wondered how other people are celebrating pancake day, or Shrove Tuesday? I know there are a lot of traditions around the world (Faschings, Mardi Gras) so just wondering who else celebrates by eating pancakes with lemon and sugar? Or what people's traditions are from other parts of the world. I'm based in the United Kingdom.

2. Bryan W Cole profile image60
    Bryan W Coleposted 5 years ago

I've never heard of a Pancake day in California, but it sounds like a nice tradition to have. I'll be sure to eat a batch of my favorite pancakes (chocolate chip) tomorrow. Is the pancake with lemon and sugar THE tradition? Or just your personal touch? Ill ask my father-in-law what he knows about pancake day too, he is from Liverpool. Cheers!

1. daydreams profile image97
      daydreamsposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I should have said there are two sorts of pancakes - the thin sort (like crepes) and the thicker sort we call scotch pancakes. It is the thin sort that we have on pancake day, and lemon and sugar is the tradition.

3. Anna Haven profile image82
    Anna Havenposted 5 years ago

I am in the UK today and so in my house we  will be doing the same as yourself, mixing, flipping and then eating our hot, tasty pancakes with syrup. Happy pancake day smile

4. MickS profile image70
    MickSposted 5 years ago

Nope, I'm celebrating Shrove Tuesday..............................................

5. peachpurple profile image82
    peachpurpleposted 5 years ago

I am at Malaysia. We don't have pancake day but I do make pancakes on alternate morning for breakfast. Mine is crepe pancakes.

6. Lizam1 profile image83
    Lizam1posted 5 years ago

I will be making crepes this evening for my daughters served with lemon and sugar.  I grew up with this and it's a nice way of reminding myself about the beginning of lent and the meaning behind the fasting to follow.  We are not church goers, having a broader based spirituality, but I do follow some of the dates and pass on the traditions with a sprinkling of here's why with sugar!