jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

How to make pancake without egg?

1. cupid51 profile image74
    cupid51posted 7 years ago

How to make pancake without egg?

Pancake is my favorite, but I would like to know whether it is possible to make it without egg or not. If possible please write a hub on that so that the vegetarians can also feel the taste of pancakes.

2. MickS profile image71
    MickSposted 7 years ago

I don't think it's worth it as it won't be a pancake 'as we know it Jim', the egg adds flavour and acts as a raising agent.  I've never bothered to learn how to make tortillas or other wraps, I've a feeling that is what you'll get by excluding egg?

3. profile image49
    novahokieposted 7 years ago

Do you mean vegan? Vegetarians can eat eggs. Vegans don't eat any animal products.

Here is a recipe for vegan pancakes.

http://www.vegfamily.com/vegan-cooking/ … ncakes.htm

4. Jaggedfrost profile image79
    Jaggedfrostposted 7 years ago

lol I did it once and it turned out ok but the pancake didn't stay together very well. As for something to substitute for the egg?  I don't know of anything that works like that.

5. dabeaner profile image55
    dabeanerposted 7 years ago

Vegetarians, because of their essentially religious fanaticism about what they eat, deserve lousy tasting food.  It is impossible to make good pancakes without eggs.  Deal with it.

6. nifty@50 profile image75
    nifty@50posted 7 years ago

http://vegetarian.lovetoknow.com/Pancak … pe_No_Eggs

Pancakes Recipe, No Eggs Required
    This recipe is a simple one that takes only 10 minutes to prepare. It makes just enough pancakes for two people. The ingredients required are a cup of all-purpose flour, two teaspoons of baking powder, a cup of soy milk or rice milk, a tablespoon of sugar and 2.5 tablespoons of vegetable oil.

Put the sugar, baking powder and flour in a mixing bowl and stir.
    Pour in the milk and oil, continuing to stir rapidly.
    Put a griddle on the stove and set the burner to medium.
    Pour the batter onto the griddle to form 4” circles.
    Flip the pancakes when the edges start to turn a golden brown.

working