On this Memorial Day,what battlefield sites have you visited?

1. c mark walker profile image60
    c mark walkerposted 4 years ago

On this Memorial Day,what battlefield sites have you visited?

I've been to almost every Civil War and Revolutionary War battlefield in the South(below the Mason Dixon line). Where have you visited and which was most memorable?

2. bankscottage profile image93
    bankscottageposted 4 years ago

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/8037576_f260.jpg

I haven't been to all, but have been to several Civil War and Revolutionary War battlefields, some large some small, some in the North, some in the South.
    For the Revolutionary War, I think Yorktown impresses me the most.  How the British were trapped and had to withstand that siege until they eventually surrendered.  Some of the scars still remain.
    I have been to several Civil War Battlefields; Shiloh, Vicksburg, Antietam, Gettysburg, to name only a few.  Overall, my favorite is Gettysburg.  But, I can only imagine the intensity of the battle at Burnside's Bridge (Antietam) as a small number of Confederate soldiers on a bluff held off a much larger number of Union soldiers for hours.   Attached is a photo of Burnside's Bridge.
    In honor of the 200th Anniversary of the War of 1812, I would like to see a few of these often little noted battlefields.

working