jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (10 posts)

What is your happiest memory of a holiday?

1. IslandBites profile image87
    IslandBitesposted 4 years ago

What is your happiest memory of a holiday?

Is there a specific holidays memory from your childhood that always makes you smile?

2. Diana Lee profile image83
    Diana Leeposted 4 years ago

The memory of going to my grandmother's house and enjoying a Thanksgiving feast she put on for her kids and grandchildren always makes me smile.  Whatever favorite dish each of us liked was usually on the menu. She was a great cook and so was her daughters my mom and aunt.  No wonder I've been fat most of my life.

IslandBitesposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for sharing. My grandma (dad's mom) was a great cook too. She used to cook lunch for the whole family (she had 7 sons!) every Sunday.

3. Thief12 profile image90
    Thief12posted 4 years ago

I always have fond memories of childhood Christmas. Me and my brothers would wake up really early (3 or 4 in the morning) to check what was under the tree. Mom always liked to take pictures of the presents before we opened them, so we spent all that morning just scratching small holes in the gift wrappings to try to guess what the gift was.

Recent fond memories of holidays would be of every time I get to see all my family, which isn't that frequently.

Awww, I love that story. My sisters and I used to do the same thing with the presents, haha.

4. BNadyn profile image89
    BNadynposted 4 years ago

Christmas was my favorite holiday with my family growing up.  We would celebrate  by going to midnight Mass then come home to home made soup while we opened a few presents.  The next day we would visit with family which was great since we rarely saw them all at the same time.  Everyone would bring food and gifts.  It was always such a warm and joyful time for me.

That's really nice. Thanks for sharing!

5. profile image0
    lesliebyarsposted 4 years ago

I can't single out just one but I love Christmas. All of our families come together for Christmas and it makes me very happy.

That's good. Christmas is a very special time.

6. travmaj profile image82
    travmajposted 4 years ago

There are so many but family holidays win.
    Last Christmas we all went to Bali - Indonesia - we had a villa and swimming pool, and from grandchildren to grandparents it was a memorable, wonderful week.

working