What is your favorite holiday and why?

Jump to Last Post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)
  1. iloveglee83 profile image59
    iloveglee83posted 12 years ago

What is your favorite holiday and why?

With the holiday season coming around I figured lets find out more about our fellow hubber.

My favorite holiday is Yule (Christmas), I  don't care about the presents what I care about the most and love the most about the holiday is that it is a time to spend with those loved ones we don't get to see as often and the ones we see daily.  I love the warmth and love that surrond the occasion. The colors, decorations, and music are an added joy to this time of year. If I had my way it would be Yule everyday!

2. Just Ask Susan profile image90
    Just Ask Susanposted 12 years ago

Thanksgiving is. In Canada we celebrate Thanksgiving in October and Fall is my favorite time of year. I mainly like the fact that the whole family can get together on this holiday without all the pressure of presents.

3. JEDIJESSICUH profile image75
    JEDIJESSICUHposted 12 years ago

Christmas is my favorite holiday. Something about it just seems so magical. I don't know how to explain it.

4. iloveglee83 profile image59
    iloveglee83posted 12 years ago

I love Thanksgiving as well but mainly for the food! LOL! I wish my family celebrated Thanksgiving like we use to but since my grandma passed away it doesn't seem like it matters anymore.

5. brooklyn00123 profile image61
    brooklyn00123posted 12 years ago

Christmas because there is a natural, euphoric feeling in the air for the entire month. It's magic!!...

6. onegoodwoman profile image68
    onegoodwomanposted 12 years ago

Most holidays represent the merchant's desire to boost sales. 

New Year's........party clothing, hats, noise makers
    Valentines........candy, teddy bears, sexy underwear
    April (or) May.......Easter baskets and more candy
    May......a Mother's day gift or a graduation gist ( what IS the diploma)
    June.........a Father's day gift
    July.......ice cream, apple pie and flags
    September........hot dogs, charcoal, and ketchup
    October, candy
    December.........decor and gifts............

If I think about you, and buy ( or make ) a token of that thought..............IT IS A GIFT......bows and ribbon are extra

IT is NOT your birthday ( and should we not instead, give a gift, each anniversary of our birth, to our mothers)..........It is the day that we celebrate the birth of Jesus.....there is NO Biblical account of Him celebrating His own birthdate.........none..........maybe He did, but it was not worth mentioning.  It is a historical and heated debate.  In some circles, it is a political one.  I know what I believe, and I also know, that you have a choice to believe differently.

Thanksgiving............lost among the others, no dress code, no costumes, no gay apparel, no productions..............just come over and eat, because, I have plenty of food, and I am a good  cook.........( or  go to the home of someone who is).   Come over and be happy with me............just be thankful to somebody for something.........it could be different next year.........

Just, share, and celebrate.

Simple, feast, and friendship.........welcome the old and the new alike.......introduce them, one to the other.

7. whoisbid profile image60
    whoisbidposted 12 years ago

I like Christmas because everyone stops working and it is long enough for me to relax a bit. I also like the white meat on a smashingly big Turkey. I like the stuffing and gravy and roast potatoes and oh .. brussel sprouts. I also like to see my parents on christmas but last christmas was the last time for me because my parents are now dead. I still have their memories and hope that they will be with me this this christmas, even if I can't see them.

8. DeborahNeyens profile image93
    DeborahNeyensposted 12 years ago

Thanksgiving.  It's all about food, family and football, some of my favorite things.  I have a huge crowd over to my house every year - my family, my husband's family, and always a few extras - and cook up a storm.  After dinner, we play games, drink wine, and watch football, and I set up Christmas craft projects for the kids to work on.  Then there's three more days in the weekend to get the house back in order.

9. blessingsforlife profile image59
    blessingsforlifeposted 12 years ago

Christmas because aside the festivities, colorful decors, delicious food, euphoric Christmas songs and carols, family reunions, etc., God's love to mankind is manifested by giving His only Son Jesus to save us from eternal death.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)