jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Any tips on planning a wedding?

1. dorothy0328 profile image76
    dorothy0328posted 4 years ago

Any tips on planning a wedding?

I need some tips that may help me with the planning of my wedding. I have never been married so I am clueless. Any information will help from great things you did to the tried and don't ever do agains. Tips for the reception and planning in general I have no idea where to start. Thank you so much for you help.

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/315710_f260.jpg

2. Crissylite profile image75
    Crissyliteposted 4 years ago

Congratulations on your engagement! Weddings are s exciting to me. I hope this article is helpful: http://crissylite.hubpages.com/hub/Firs … ur-Wedding

3. NornsMercy profile image60
    NornsMercyposted 4 years ago

I'd have to say always keep sight of what YOU and your fiancé want for your wedding. I've seen a few people crumble under pressure to make their wedding the very best and expensive, blah blah blah... just keep stuff personal.

Think about your and your fiancé's interests and revolve around those... then use them to find themes for your cake, colors, location, food... smile

4. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 4 years ago

Remember the bigger the wedding does not mean the better the marriage. Have the wedding that you and your fiance want.  I have to admit, I married my husband 43 years ago in front of a judge. I have never regretted it because we needed what money we had for our life together.

Don't get caught up in etiquette or what other people think you should do.  Do it your way and his way.

5. jpcmc profile image89
    jpcmcposted 4 years ago

First of all make a checklist of everything you want and have on your wedding.  Talk about it and scrap those that you won't use or do.  Get a wedding planner.  It will make it easier for both of you.

Choose the songs you want played every step of the way. 
    Instead of the usual growing up and meeting the love of your life video for the reception, we shot a star wars inspired video of us complete with rotoscoping of light sabers.  We also posted fake pictures of us around the world thanks to photoshop and it was hilarious.
    A wedding tree where everyone can write their wishes and hang it on the tree is a good idea.  Some guests would not want to step up and say their blessings and wishes in public.
    We had a garden theme but since the Catholic church did not allow us to get married in an actual garden, we had to adorn the church as it were a garden. We used the same theme in the reception hall. 
    Choose the foods that you like not what is expected or what everyone wants.  It's your day so you have to enjoy.
    The cake design is also important.  You may opt fore the usual huge cake or just little cupcakes stacked or arranged beautifully.  this way everyone can actually have a bite.
    Get good a photo and video company to cover your wedding. 
    You may opt for a photo booth where guests can get their pictures taken as memorabilia.  The pictures are printed out in seconds.
    btw, make sure you accomplish all legal documents ASAP.
    Book your honeymoon early.

That's what i remember...smile good luck

working