jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

What are some helpful tips for a Kid's Group Party?

1. milleramanda53 profile image80
    milleramanda53posted 4 years ago

What are some helpful tips for a Kid's Group Party?

What are some helpful tips to help put together a low budget, yet fun party for a large group of kids?

2. kj force profile image74
    kj forceposted 4 years ago

Usually I start with a theme... Clowns/favourite character ( Scooby-doo Powder Puffs, etc) .Scavenger hunts ( age appropriate ) , face painting ( lady bug/bumble bee/snake )possibly done by older sibling/another mother/family relative...draw a circle of a face on large paper and tape to a wall, everyone is given face parts with double stick tape on the back..water balloon toss...craft project do 2-4 in a group...
    dollar store items as prizes..No one is left out/everyone participates.
    Mothers usually accompany younger children so everyone joins in...quality time
    Mini cupcakes ( prevents cake waste ) snack food, pizza ( cut into bite size pieces ) punch for drinks ( name of each child written on cup) . I have done these type of parties for years and the children have always enjoyed them...
    hope this was helpful..

3. CraftytotheCore profile image82
    CraftytotheCoreposted 4 years ago

Pinatas.  I've done them and my friends have done them at their parties.  They are always a huge hit with children of most ages. 

Homemade popcorn and rice krispy treats. 

Depending on age, dress up parties, Barbie parties, tea parties for girls.
    For boys, set up a race track for toy cars. 

There was someone in town that had a video game party for his tween.

4. Borsia profile image45
    Borsiaposted 4 years ago

Do most of your drinking before they arrive then nip off to the bathroom frequently till they leave.
    I generally find going for a good long motorcycle ride at the 1/2 way point helps almost as much. Though you might want to keep the drinking down a bit if you opt for the ride you can always catch up after you return.
    If those tips fail you can always spike the punch.