jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

What are some helpful tips to protecting your smartphone from viruses and hacker

1. alissaroberts profile image90
    alissarobertsposted 5 years ago

What are some helpful tips to protecting your smartphone from viruses and hackers?

To obtain internet access at my house, I often tether my android to my laptop. Does anyone have any helpful tips to safeguarding my smartphone from potential viruses and hackers?

2. ThePracticalMommy profile image96
    ThePracticalMommyposted 5 years ago

I use Webroot Antivirus for smartphones (from the same company that makes antivirus for computers). There are free and paid versions of it. Just this morning it stopped malware from coming through a message, so I know it works. It also scans the phone on a daily basis and checks every single app as soon as they are downloaded.

Be mindful of what links you are clicking on, just as you would on the computer. Better to be safe than sorry!

3. teaches12345 profile image96
    teaches12345posted 5 years ago

Thanks for asking this question. I do not have an answer for you but I think Thepracticalmommy has a good suggestion that I am going to follow.

4. CJMcAllister profile image84
    CJMcAllisterposted 2 years ago

Smartphones now provide hackers a powerful means of stealing private data. Following these tips can help you protect yourself from viruses, identity theft and the like. read more

working