jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (11 posts)

What are some helpful tips you have for getting everything done?

1. CraftytotheCore profile image82
    CraftytotheCoreposted 4 years ago

What are some helpful tips you have for getting everything done?

There are days when the laundry piles up faster than I can keep up.  Today was one of those days.  Yesterday after having a full-plate of appointments, I just couldn't get to doing even one load.  Today first thing, I set my kitchen timer for 1 hour every time I put in a load of wash to alert me to do the next.  I've already gotten to 3 loads and put 2 away.  What do you do to get a head?

2. billybuc profile image86
    billybucposted 4 years ago

I follow a strict schedule. I write it up at the beginning of the week and I don't let anything sidetrack me from the schedule. It's the only way I can get a handle on all the things I'm working on. smile

CraftytotheCoreposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Excellent advice as usual!

3. lburmaster profile image82
    lburmasterposted 4 years ago

Make sure to have an hour or so a day to just relax. One of the problems that keeps occurring consists of burnout. A day or two of just working and being busy, before the burnout there are signs that I need to slow down, but really can't afford to at that time. Then the third day is a huge crash when almost nothing gets done... Oh it's horrible...

Last year I went through a difficult time with burnout.  It can really zap our energy and motivation.

4. HeatherH104 profile image82
    HeatherH104posted 4 years ago

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/8397273_f260.jpg

I'm home with my kids for now and follow a strict cleaning schedule each day. Each day a certain area gets deep cleaned. I saw this picture on the internet and thought this would be a great schedule to follow when I go back to work. Maybe it could be a guideline for you? Just a thought. Good luck.

Thanks for that Heather!  Very cute!

5. B. Leekley profile image93
    B. Leekleyposted 4 years ago

Begin with a short Get Done list, not counting routine tasks. Three projects maximum and be glad if you get done one. Like, my get done projects for today are to tidy on and around my desk, to fetch my backpack from the church where I absentmindedly left it at a workshop on prison reform, and to list and buy some groceries. My Get Done projects for this week are to prepare for company coming to visit, to add content to the library page of my church's website, and to revise one of my hubs. I have another, longer, list called Should Get Done or Make Progress and another list of routine tasks. I use WorkFlowy.

I'm always behind but try to keep my getting behinds in balance. Like I missed shaving for two days but shaved this morning but missed meditating and doing morning asanas.

It helps that we do not have a TV.  It does not help that I have difficulty getting off of Facebook if I log in.

I thoroughly enjoyed your answer.  I get so intrigued by all the fascinating Hubs here sometimes I forget I have other things to do.  big_smile

6. bravewarrior profile image92
    bravewarriorposted 4 years ago

I don't know how old your children are, but if they are old enough, I'd start assigning chores.  For instance, they can rinse their plates and put them in the dishwasher, take out the garbage, pick up their room, etc. and even do their own laundry.  If your kids aren't old enough and your household creates that much laundry, I'd do one or two loads a day.  Plus you have a hubby.  Switch off cooking duties with him.

Then of course, you can always take the fuggit pill and let it sit until someone gets to it!

7. lucas84 profile image76
    lucas84posted 4 years ago

Try not to postpone things, it will be hard but try to develop the habit of getting things done now rather than later, it will actually save you a lot of time in the long run

working