Who was the first original Wolf Man?

1. milleramanda53 profile image80
    milleramanda53posted 4 years ago

Who was the first original Wolf Man?

2. profile image0
    christiananrkistposted 4 years ago

I believe that would be Lon Chaney or Lon Chaney Jr. I forget which one. really good movie if you like the old black and white ones. i cant remember the exact year it came out, but it was about 1935 or so. other great horror movie actors from that era, Boris Karloff (original Frankensteins monster) and Bela Lugosi (original Dracula)

3. LastRoseofSummer2 profile image85
    LastRoseofSummer2posted 4 years ago

The original Wolf Man, assuming you are referring to the old movie monster, was Lon Chaney Jr. in the 1941 film titled "The Wolf Man". At that point in his career, Jr. was billing himself simply as Lon Chaney, partly because his father had already died.

Now, the makeup Chaney wore in "The Wolf Man" had in fact been created for an earlier box office flop called "Werewolf of London", starring Henry Hull as the "wolf man". This one has some plot similarities to the later movie, but nothing from it ever became as iconic as Lon Chaney's portrayal of the wolf. In fact, Chaney appeared as Larry Talbot/The Wolf Man in four other films: "Frankenstein Meets the Wolf Man" (1943), "House of Frankenstein" (1944), "House of Dracula" (1945), and last but not least, "Abbott and Costello Meet Frankenstein" (1948).

working