jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Do you let your kids go trick or treating by themselves?

1. Zaiden Jace profile image68
    Zaiden Jaceposted 4 years ago

Do you let your kids go trick or treating by themselves?

2. profile image0
    cjaroszposted 4 years ago

My kids are way to young to do anything by themselves. Honestly I think it depends on age, and maturity level. Also, the area in which they will be in. There are some places I wouldn't let kids go by themselves. If they do go, I would want them to be with a group. Making it less, likely for anything to happen to them.

3. zeusspeak profile image76
    zeusspeakposted 4 years ago

Hi Zaiden Jace
    As per me, kids above the age of ten are able to play by themselves. However, some places should be restricted. Kids really love going house to house, collecting candies (be it snicker or jolly rancher), and enjoying a perfect time with their best mates.

4. CraftytotheCore profile image83
    CraftytotheCoreposted 4 years ago

We live in a really small neighborhood.  It was build in the 1950s.  There are not many people who pass out candy because they have children of their own.  The older folks keep their light off and don't bother.  So, we have had to find different neighborhoods to explore. 

We enjoy inviting another couple to go with us.  We make a night out of it.  Usually we stop for a bite to eat first like at BK.  One time they were passing out Halloween grab bags and it was a huge hit with the children.  The children go up to the door by themselves, but we walk with them.  The past couple of years we have gone to different towns because they have bigger neighborhoods and more active participants in the community passing out candy.  They also decorate more than around here.  I didn't think my children would want to go this year, but they do.  I asked around and no one else wants to go with us.  So it looks like we'll be hitting the coffee shop first on our way and strolling around enjoying the nice weather.  (Last year we had a hurricane and Halloween was cancelled.)

5. delaneyworld profile image79
    delaneyworldposted 4 years ago

When my daughter was little (4 years old to 12 years old), I would accompany her and her friends.  They would go up to the door alone, but I would stay at the end of the walkway to ensure her safety. 

We live in a large city and she is turning 15 in a month.  I still will not let her trick or treat on her own or with friends.  There are too many dangers in our neighborhood.  She is not interested in trick or treating this year, but as she ages she might be interested in having a party, hanging out with friends at home, watching spooky movies, etc.

Unfortunately, there are not many kids out and about these days.  It is so different from when I was little.  I miss seeing the kids in their costumes having fun.  That doesn't mean we can't make the day fun anyway though!  smile  Happy Halloween everyone!