jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

What's the most embarrassing gift you've ever received?

1. Seeker7 profile image96
    Seeker7posted 4 years ago

What's the most embarrassing gift you've ever received?

My horror gift was given to me many years ago by a guy I was dating.

I received a really ugly woollen dress. It had a ribbed polo neck coloured cream and the top area and skirt were a dirty green colour! It had a belt that was cream and there was neither shape nor form to this garment! Worst of all he expected me to wear this horror dress to his parents Christmas party!

I pretended to have the flu so skipped out of the party and luckily we split up a few weeks later! The dress by this time had gone into the nearest dustbin as I don't think even the charity shops would have wanted it.

2. Nimesh De Silva profile image78
    Nimesh De Silvaposted 4 years ago

One of my friends was give a female underwear wrapped in a box on his birthday infront of his family and friends.

3. chriscamaro profile image95
    chriscamaroposted 4 years ago

A fleshlight when there was no holiday or logical reason for a gift.

4. miss_jkim profile image82
    miss_jkimposted 4 years ago

Not long after I was married, my husband's dear aunt and I got into a conversation about cooking with pressure cookers. Without thinking, I let her know that I was terrified of pressure cookers and had no desire to use one. Several months later, on Christmas morning, I opened a gift from her and guess what I got? Yes, a pressure cooker. I was beyond embarrassed at the realization of our earlier conversation. She graciously offered to return it for me, or give me money in place of it. Red faced, I apologized and assured her I very much appreciated her gift, and that I would learn how to use it. 

That was 35 years ago and I still have that pressure cooker. I did learn how to use it, and still use it to this day.