jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (8 posts)

What's the best Mother's Day gift you've ever given or received?

1. Marcy Goodfleisch profile image96
    Marcy Goodfleischposted 2 years ago

What's the best Mother's Day gift you've ever given or received?

Do you remember a gift that was so meaningful it stands out?  Any ideas for Mother's Day or other special days?

2. chuckandus6 profile image76
    chuckandus6posted 2 years ago

One of my favorite gifts I received was a mom poem book my son made at school, And given,to my.mom a build a bear cow,that said I love you mom recorded by me,I was like 13yrs old and did it at build a bear shop where you had to sing a sing and hold the heart in your hand and spin around lol.my Mom loved it when my aunt told her what I went through to make it.

1. chuckandus6 profile image76
      chuckandus6posted 2 years agoin reply to this

My husband made him mom cry by sending roses to her work on mother's day,also.

3. peeples profile image94
    peeplesposted 2 years ago

The best gift is the gift I have gotten for the last 8 years. Every year on Mother's day I am treated to a day with my family at the lake fishing. I love fishing and while we go often throughout the year I am usually the one helping the kids cast or keeping up with them. On Mother's day we go and my husband makes sure that I do not have to chase kids. I relax in a chair for 6 hours fishing. We picnic and have a blast, but I don't get stuck with any responsibility other than catching a fish! This means a lot to me because fishing is my relaxation thing that makes me feel comfortable and happy. Giving me a chance to do that on mother's day is awesome!

4. Babbyii profile image79
    Babbyiiposted 2 years ago

One of my girlfriends gave me the keys to her brand new Toyota something, for the whole day (Mother's Day). She bought it at an out of state auction. It was fast, clean and smooth. Definitely wasted on me. My then teenage son was thrilled. He didn't think I was driving fast enough. Lol, Marcy it was great!  We drove all over the place. It was spring and Alaska was beginning to bloom. It's a wonderful memory. 

My favorite thing to do for mothers is cooking up a bunch of their favorite meals for them to have handy when they just don't feel like cooking.

5. peachpurple profile image82
    peachpurpleposted 2 years ago

paper handbag! My son made a paper handbag when he was in art class and gave it to me. He also made mother;s day card and gave it me to for art class too. My daughter didn't give me when she was young.

6. fpherj48 profile image77
    fpherj48posted 2 years ago

Marcy....The reality for me is that any and every MD gift my sons have given me was/is the BEST gift I've ever received. Especially when as youngsters they would come home with something "very special" that they made with their own 2 little hands and lots of love.  Certainly the bigger, impressive gifts (like a new computer, flat screen TV, etc) since they're adults now...Yes, I definitely like them Best too!  LOL
    The best gift I ever gave my own mother was a $1.00 Lottery ticket that turned out to be a $777.00 WINNER!  The truth is, that one was from God, because at the time I was a single struggling Mom...and I made her a card and put the lottery ticket in it!  We both screamed together!

1. chuckandus6 profile image76
      chuckandus6posted 2 years agoin reply to this

the lottery ticket moms day story,that is so nice I have been there and that must have made your day,your mom though would have loved just the card : )