jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)

Does your faith effect how you celebrate Halloween?

1. kerbev profile image53
    kerbevposted 3 years ago

Does your faith effect how you celebrate Halloween?

2. That Grrl profile image71
    That Grrlposted 3 years ago

No. Halloween isn't a religious holiday for me. I just enjoy it because I want to.

3. FatFreddysCat profile image98
    FatFreddysCatposted 3 years ago

Mmmmm...nope. It's all about candy and horror movies on TV for me. I have never bought the "Halloween is Satan's holiday" nonsense.

4. Karen Ray profile image74
    Karen Rayposted 3 years ago

No, we always just look at it as a fun holiday. Actually, I don't think I even know anyone who thinks of it as a religious holiday.

5. dashingscorpio profile image87
    dashingscorpioposted 3 years ago

No. The vast majority of people see no religious connection to dressing up in costumes, getting candy, or going to parties. No one is going to confuse Halloween with Christmas or Easter.
    If one so desires they can find something negative about everything they personally disapprove of. A lot of churches today provide activities for their member's children on Halloween for safety reasons.

6. Dianna Mifflin profile image60
    Dianna Mifflinposted 3 years ago

The weird thing was, my paternal grandparents were religious and didn't celebrate Halloween and were generally displeased that my brothers and I did.

However, my husband is Wiccan so Halloween is a huge deal for him. It's always been MY favorite holiday.

I had several neighbors on my block who were religious and did not celebrate Halloween. They would close their doors, shut the curtains and put a note on the door telling trick or treaters that they did not believe in it. They called it "Devil's night." LOL.

7. KathyMcGraw2 profile image77
    KathyMcGraw2posted 3 years ago

No....but I don't celebrate it anymore.  It's way too commercial for my liking.

8. daxamite profile image92
    daxamiteposted 3 years ago

Nope; though I have heard of some church groups hosting "anti-Halloween Halloween parties".

9. Michaela Osiecki profile image79
    Michaela Osieckiposted 2 years ago

Yeah, I suppose it does. I'm a pagan, so Halloween has some important religious connotations for me.

working