jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

What will you give children for Christmas this year?

1. askformore lm profile image74
    askformore lmposted 3 years ago

What will you give children for Christmas this year?

How do you get inspired to buy the right presents for your kids?
    Do the children you know make a wishlist?
    Or do you give them what you believe that they will love to have?
    How expensive are the gifts? And are the presents practical or pure fun?

2. LoisRyan13903 profile image82
    LoisRyan13903posted 3 years ago

For me it is getting harder since one is in college-third year and the 19 year old is in trade school.  My older one wants money so she can renew her driver's license and the younger one wants a game for a nintendo 3DS.  So for the other presents it is just guessing.  My older girl likes the show The Walking Dead so I might get her something like a hoodie and the younger likes Doctor Who.  So on one part it is guessing-yes I will give the older daughter money as she wants but I do like to give presents.  So it's a combination of fun/practical, making a wish list and guessing

3. peachpurple profile image82
    peachpurpleposted 3 years ago

i wanted to give them a huge christmas tree with presents and color lightnings but I can't. Hubby is anti christmas

4. Diana Lee profile image84
    Diana Leeposted 3 years ago

I like to give it a personal touch by either making some of the gifts or giving something only the receiver would appreciate. Some years I have covered photo albums with Christmas themed fabric and filled the pages with old snapshots. My daughter said she loved those gifts best. I have made craft projects like painting pictures on old hand saws or recipe boxes.  The recipe boxes I painted a picture on top and glued a ribbon around the side to cover it. I add old family recipes and blank cards for new ones. Personal touches always do well. Last year I gave my son, Jason an autographed picture I got from James Best's website as Jason's favorite show as a child was Dukes of Hazzard.

5. jlpark profile image85
    jlparkposted 3 years ago

My daughter will be 9mths at Xmas, so it will be her first one.
    So, the gifts are fun, but practical - toys, bibs, a bib she can feed herself with (has waterproof arms as well!), clothes etc.
    She has already been given the bigger gift as we needed to use it - her walker!.
    OHHH...and as a joke between myself and my family - a small piece of coal.  I was in hospital last year for Xmas, because of some bleeding whilst 26wks pregnant...and I joked at the time that the baby (we didn't know gender at the time) was getting coal for Christmas for misbehaving. So, I shall have to find a piece to wrap up!

1. askformore lm profile image74
      askformore lmposted 3 years agoin reply to this

DO remember that coal and diamonds are made of the same: "Carbon"

working